An introduction from our chairman Vincent Green
My name is Vincent Green and I am the newly appointed chairman of your Enfield Island Village Trust.
Firstly, I would like to thank all the residents who attended the EGM on July, 14, 2016 during which we elected the following members to form a new board of Trustees.
- Vincent Green
- Jay Paramanathan
- Andrew Colledge
- Paul King
- Mark Turner
- Jacqui Bainbridge (nominated by Christian Action Housing Association)
I would also like to apologise for the lack of information available to the residents since our appointment, however we are endeavouring to improve the frequency of communications.
Since the election, our first meeting with the interim managers (a firm of solicitors appointed by the Charity Commission to manage the affairs of the Trust) was on August, 30, 2016 where it was made clear that we had to satisfy the Charity Commission by demonstrating our commitment and integrity to the residents and the island without seeking any financial rewards.
In order to comply with the Charity Commission’s expectations, we set about producing a set of governing documents which the current and future trustees will use as a guide to ensure the Island’s stability, something that has been lacking for many years.
On November, 14, 2016, the interim managers and Charity Commission were satisfied that we had met their expectations and full administrative responsibility was handed over to us.
To date we have:
- Appointed Warwick Estates to provide full management agent services on a 1 year contract to assist the trust in the maintenance of the Island
- Appointed H20 to maintain the canal basin on a 1 year contract
- Appointed Veal Wasbrough Vizards as the Trust Solicitors
- Appointed Israa on a 1 year contract to manage the Community centre and assist the Trust
- Completed the final accounts for March 2016
There is so much for us to do and our plans can be viewed here
Finally, I would like to thank the interim managers, Israa, Ian and Scott for their hard work. Between them they have kept the Trust and management of the Island going during these challenging times.
Thank you again for your patience during what has been very turbulent times, together let’s make Enfield Island a community that everyone is proud of again.
Chairman of Enfield Island Village Trust